Last night, the NCHS issued Bulletin No. 7 of 2022.
First, the new coronavirus pneumonia will be renamed as new coronavirus infection.
Second, approved by the State Council, since January 8, 2023, they will lift the new coronavirus infection to take the “Prevention and Control of Infectious Diseases Law of the People’s Republic of China,” the provisions of the class A infectious disease prevention and control measures.
New coronavirus infection is no longer included in the “Law of the People’s Republic of China on the Health and Quarantine of the State Border” under the management of quarantine infectious diseases.
The State Council’s Joint Prevention and Control Mechanism Integrated Group issued “on the new coronavirus infection to implement the overall plan” last night.
The program points out that a comprehensive assessment of the virus variation, the epidemic situation and China’s prevention and control base, and other factors, China has a new coronavirus infection from “category B A management” to “category B B management” of the basic conditions.
According to the program, starting January 8, 2023, isolation measures will no longer be in place for people infected with the new coronavirus.
- No more determination of close contacts.
- No more delineation of high- and low-risk areas
- Implementing graded treatment for NICs and adjusting medical coverage policies when appropriate.
- Adjust the testing strategy to “test as much as you want”.
- Adjust the frequency and content of information dissemination on the epidemic.
- Nucleic acid testing will be conducted 48 hours prior to arrival in China.
- Those with negative results can come to China without applying for a health code from our embassies and consulates abroad.
- If the result is positive, the person concerned should come back to China after the result is negative.
- Eliminate full nucleic acid testing and centralized quarantine after entry.
- Those with normal health declarations and no abnormalities in routine quarantine at customs ports can be released into the social side.
After the implementation of “Category B”, China’s prevention and control work will focus on “health protection and prevention of serious diseases”, and take corresponding measures.
Maximize the protection of people’s lives and health.
Minimize the impact of the epidemic on economic and social development. (Xinhua News Agency)