According to Xinhua News, on November 28, at the closing ceremony of the 4th World Forum on Science, Technology and Development held in Chengdu, Luo Xiangang, an academician of the Chinese Academy of Engineering, and Bob Cryan, President of the Institution of Engineering and Technology of the United Kingdom, jointly released the “Top Ten Scientific Issues for Human Social Development in 2022”.
These issues are based on the 17 development goals proposed by the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, and combined with the hot spots and important issues facing social development at home and abroad, covering three fields: climate, cities and manufacturing.
- How to stabilize the Earth’s climate by developing a green economy?
- How to effectively respond to global extreme weather and climate events?
- What mechanisms can be adopted to achieve carbon emission targets while taking into account economic and social development?
- How to build a green and efficient reuse system of urban waste resources?
- How to build a high-speed, three-dimensional, networked, intelligent and livable urban form for human beings?
- How to optimize urban layout and function to reduce resource consumption?
- As the core technology of the fourth industrial revolution, how can intelligent manufacturing promote the transformation and upgrading of the world manufacturing industry and innovative development?
- How to cognize the underlying common fundamental scientific issues such as photosynthesis and high-precision green manufacturing?
- How to transform from resource-intensive and high-carbon manufacturing to decentralized and low-carbon manufacturing?
- How to realize the processing of atomic precision surface in the “post-Moore era” chip manufacturing?